Being in the single status you think “Ok I can do this”. Now, Being single AND a Christian? You PRAY “ok Lord help me through this”! LOL It’s a reality that temptation, distractions, and fleshly detours will all try to attack your obedience towards God. As I begin to read, The Great Lemonade Maker by Angela Lei, she could relate to everything that is going on with the world from hardships, career avenues, life’s choices and as it regards to being a Single Christian . She explains the foundation of being single and what we should do in our preparation state as she says:
I know it’s tough, I was there, the world around you-whether through media or friends, have created their solutions that seem to be working for them. Proverbs 16:15, There is a way that seems right to man, but in the end it leads to death.” Trust me; God’s plan is the perfect plan. Let me retract, if you know nothing about me, Trust HIM. Jeremiah 29:11 states “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thy heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” In this state of being single, spend your time wisely. With or without a mate, you have an obligation to God to fulfill your purpose.
- Get to know yourself-your strengths, your weakness
- Spend time with the Father and reading your Word-there is nothing or no one competing with that time. Listen to Him for His guide for your life
- Develop and enhance your gifts and talents He’s placed in you
- Learn how to manage your finances
- Get an education-formal or informal-read –read-read-read-learn-learn-learn-learn.
- Spend time traveling the world to broaden your prospective
- Remember: Anytime you desire more (idea of marriage, material things, world acceptance, social status,etc) than walking in strict obedience to God you have opened a foothold or a door for the enemy to come in to deceive you. “
An excerpt from The Great Lemonade Maker by Angela Lei pg.31-32