Transitioning. We as a people are forever transitioning and evolving. Whether its through a new city, a new job, buying a house, getting married, having a baby; our mind is forever on-the-go for our next move. We’re stressed, then we’re not, we’re in debt then we’re not; it is a constant battle to find or sustain some type of stability for our lives. And within these life fluctuations our faith is tested everyday. Transition for some can be a natural thing but for most it can be scary. Operating in the unknown, taking a risk and praying on faith that God will direct your path are factors of your faith being tested. So what happens when God does what he said he would do? When he finally positions you to a place in your life that you have been praying for, for a while?
THANK GOD AND CONTINUE BUILDING ON THAT PLAN! In every facet of your life or plan there is always room to develop, grow,and broaden that goal for yourself. If your prayer to God before you received your new job was “Lord, help me to get this certain job,” then now your prayer should be “Lord, thank you for this job, now show me how I can be a light for others within this field”. With every opportunity leaves room to give God the glory. At times, you will find yourself becoming so consume with this new lifestyle–whether it is more income, more free time, not enough time to socialize; that if you are not careful your blessings can become your distractions from the work of the Lord. So how do you balance out your success?
1. Scheduling Prayer/Study Time– For your busy bee’ s out there; some of you will find out that scheduling is a must because if not, you will realize a whole day has passed without you talking to Him.
2. If your blessing was a new job; TITHE! This way you are honoring and praising God for what he has done as well as being obedient to his will.
3. Christian Books and the Bible– Continue Reading! The more you learn about Him the more you will begin to understand Him. There are plently of books out there to help guide you and provide you the answers you need! (ps. don’t replace christian books for the Bible-ONLY the Bible will and can validate any resources out there )
4. Live Authentically. This mean DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE GOD THE GLORY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO! Always re-evaluate where you are in your life and ask yourself, “Am I honoring God? Am I doing enough for Him?” God has blessed you and have put you in this new position for a reason. He is building your character for something and/or someone better.
5. Embrace and Enjoy your blessing! What is a blessing if you can’t rejoice in it? Create an atmosphere of positivity in relationships, socializing, social media, and so on! Self-care is key!
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.